Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To and From Work

Lessons learned today

  1. No elaborate breakfasts when Pepi is not here to drive the car to work. Takes too much time to prepare, wash, clean and wipe everything dry. There’s no point for a nice breakfast if you don’t have the luxury of time to savor it (I happen to be a breakfast person!)
  2. Leave at 7 am. It takes 2 hours to get to the Makati Central Business District via public transport
  3. Bring an umbrella so you don't have to worry


I timed it. It takes 15 – 20 minutes to walk from our place to the compound’s gate. Around 10 minutes to get a jeepney to an intersection where I get another ride. It was hard to get a ride there, took me 20 minutes of waiting and “managing the crowd” time. The traffic was bad going towards the MCBD, which was like, another 30-40 minutes. I got off at the jeep’s last stop and decided to walk to the office, cutting through San Lorenzo Village… around 20 more minutes. 20+10+20+40+20 = 1 hour and 50 minutes! I was really shocked at the time and effort involved! Next time I try another route.

This evening, I decided to wait for Pepi (he had dinner with some frat brods) so we can go home together. His evening ended at 10PM (don’t worry I also had my own social life while my dad was enjoying) and it took us 15 minutes to get home via private car. Sheesh.


When we boarded the lift going to our floor, there was a foreign guy (probably British, because of his accent) who smelled strongly of alcohol riding with us. "Y'all just moved in?? I telll yahhh, a loot of people moving in this building!!!" -- with matching shaking of head. Hah, parang ayaw? Good evening, neighbor!

Side note: Pepi also brought home ulam good for 4-5 meals…. Hmmm… looks like one night of my cooking made him miss his “real food” and Milky Way CafĂ© .. hehe. He told me that he ordered them because they didn’t consume the consumable amount (just an excuse??? Hmp!)

1 comments:

C in Jammies said...

hi hanna! i think there's a shuttle from your building to the gate coz they sent a memo regarding that before, why don't you try asking about it at the PMO para di ka na maglalakad ng malayo and sorry i forgot to tell you na mahirap sumakay dun sa intersection kasi puno na ang mga jeeps dun. it's better if you go down at market and take another jeep going to shell station and then another jeep plying ayala. hirap talaga magcommute galing boni heights.

Post a Comment