Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fort and a half

It was my dad who christened the area "The Fort and a half "- while our new home is actually in The Fort area, it doesn't measure up with our other high end condo counterparts like Serendra or Essensa. Hence, the 'almost there' name!

(I actually don't like it - but he insists! We love our Pepi.. )

We're moving in this month. Our 2-bedroom dwelling is still pretty bare as of this blog entry - but it's slowly taking shape! We've changed the floors , we're having our cabinets constructed and my credit card is slowly being saturated with home appliance purchases.

Since being married in 2006, this will be my first crack at real housekeeping. 2006-2009 found us shuttling to and from my parent's home in Laguna (my mom maintains that one) and a rental apartment in Makati (very minimal maintaining required, just clean as you go). The Fort.5, being our biggest purchase to date - would require utmost maintenance and care.

The Fort.5's household will be composed of : me (the undomestic goddess) , sam (the absentee husband), and pepi (my dad, the teenager hobbyist). Memi (my mom, the control freak) gets a supporting role because she'll most likely drop by as often as she wants.

With this mixture of personalities, "Living at the Fort and a half" may be comparable to a reality TV show. So, I start this blog to share our experiences in building a home. We're getting there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment