Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Floor!

Faux wood planks. They're VINYL! Nicer and easier to clean than the white vinyl tiles that came with the unit and not as tacky as I previously thought. Way cheaper than the Pergo wood planks (my ultimate "want" ) and other"laminated" faux wood planks. These were installed the last week of March. We got a discount from my dad's office's suppliers (he works for an architectural design firm, and it's fun because we're also getting free design advice from the resident interior designer!)

When Sam was home a month ago, we also pored over perhaps a hundred swatches of paint colors. After 2 hours, I begged Tita Myrna (the designer) to stop showing me stuff. Whenever I decide on a color, she showed me some more - to which Sam always, always exclaims, "Maganda din yan! Yan na lang!" Mind boggling!

I wanted to finalize the colors before Sam left, so we got to pick some from the 'calm' color collection of Glidden (try going to their site and play with the "Color Visualizer" It's fun!) and the Ralph Lauren Home Paint(they really do have RL paint brands in the US!) -- but of course, we'll just use the local BOYSEN - the ingenuity of the Pinoy can match those imported brands at very low prices ! We'll just be painting "accent walls" to give character to our home - therefore we just need very little paint!


0 comments:

Post a Comment