Monday, May 4, 2009

The Fort Bus and other Modes of Transport

So I had my misadventure with the Gate 3 route, so I decided to try the Forbes/ McKinley route the other night. I was blessed with the presence of a friend who decided to go with me for the fun of it, (Thanks Mauster!) . The Fort Buses travel around the private area of the Fort and take people to and from EDSA.

We first boarded the WRONG BUS , where the driver so loudly pointed out that we have to get off and board the other bus. Blushing and laughing, we got off and went for the other bus. We didn't know that there were several routes! We had dinner at Market! Market! (Ineng's!), had a bit of kwento while we waited for Maui's fiance. I wanted to look for the jeep that would take me to Fort.5 but they offered to just take me home that night (Doy had a car) and told me that the jeeps will always be there :-)

So, Friday (a holiday!) became my official public transport exploration day. I now know the jeep route (and have decided that the McKinley route is probably the best , maybe not quicker - but it feels safer!) , and now believe that Market! Market! is a nice mall after all. I just have to figure out if these modes of transport are available 24/7 or would there be a certain hour that it is difficult to get home? hmmm.

Sunday, my dad arrived from CDO so I had more confidence to take the car and drive around with somebody guiding me. The one way streets of the Fort would take some getting used to :-( Good thing it's not yet crowded.

Fort neighbors! Who's up for a drive one weekend? ... Just so I can familiarize myself with the place!! I really need to learn and I don't want to keep on bugging my dad hehe. You just make sure you're insured for the ride with me ;-) hehe.

2 comments:

mommy kiel said...

tayo minsan one weekend :)

C in Jammies said...

sayang hanna. expert na ako maging navigator kasi lagi ako passenger. hehe. you'll get used to it din.

Post a Comment